Karen’s message can encourage you and inspire your faith in God.
Through many challenges in her own life, she has learned that the faithfulness and love of God can always be depended on, and her heart’s desire is to pass that knowledge along to others, helping them to learn and grow in their walk with God. Her life is dedicated to inspiring people to believe for victory in every area of their lives.
Karen has been in ministry for almost 30 years.
Karen Jensen Salisbury has been in ministry for almost 30 years, and a writer for almost 40. She and her first husband, Brent, traveled as itinerant ministers, and also pioneered two churches in the Northwest.
In 1997, upon Brent’s unexpected death, she became Senior Pastor of their church in Boise, Idaho. She raised their sons, Josh and Ryan, through their teenage years into young men on fire for God.
Karen was an instructor at Rhema Bible Training College in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma from 2005 to 2014. In March of 2014 she married businessman Bob Salisbury, and they live in Minneapolis. Now in addition to writing books, Karen travels across the U.S. and overseas, sharing what she has learned about the faithfulness of God through good times and bad.
Her teachings and writings have influenced the lives of hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. Her humor, her never-give-up attitude, her love for God and her strong stand on His Word will bless and inspire you.
- Full-time ministry for 30+ years.
- Licensed and ordained with RHEMA Ministerial Association International.
- Pioneered two churches in Oregon and Idaho.
- Served as Children’s Pastor, church administrator, head of Women’s Ministry, and pastor’s wife, then senior pastor.
- Instructor at former RHEMA Bible Training College in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
- Travels as an itinerant minister.
- Conducts parenting seminars.
- Published Author
Education & Training
- B.A. in Speech Communications from Oregon State University.
- Completed Masters classes in the Master’s of Management program at Oral Roberts University.
- Television news writer in Portland, Oregon.
- Editor and writer for Kenneth Hagin Ministries and Oral Roberts Ministries.
- Freelance writer and editor.